Part 2: Avoiding Hide and Seek Marketing ~ Long Term Strategies (LATERS)

by Louise Crooks

In this post we’re focusing in on Long Term Marketing Strategies – or LATERS

In other words, strategies that will enable us to work with clients who are not ready to work with us now, but will be in 6 months or a year’s time.   It’s really important that we are nurturing and building relationships with the people who are interested in what we have to share, but are not ready to act on it yet.  The trust hasn’t been developed yet, or they just aren’t ready to say YES.

But they will be!

There are a number of strategies we can use, and today I’ll share two that are connected to each other.

Ready to dig into these two super  important strategies?

The first is building your email list.

Building your email list is one big LATERS strategy and actually consists of many strategies under that bigger goal.

managing your inbox

I see many times over, how soul-opreneurs like you, start out by getting up your website, developing programs… and then when the time comes suddenly realize that there aren’t enough people in your inner community (your email list) to buy from you or even attend the free training or teleclass introducing the program.

And although you want to be doing those things, you really want to get started with connecting and building your email list BIG TIME.

There are many ways to do this.  And if you hit on the right ones that work for you and your community, you’ll rock it.
One caveat – it will be slow in the beginning.

But as you consistently do those things to reach more people, you’ll find your efforts will be rewarded, as you start to build momentum and see it snow-ball.  I had exactly this happen to me last year.   In 9 months, I was able to add 13 000 amazing new people to my email list.  Yes! It’s sounds a little crazy, but I can assure you it’s true.   And the cool thing is, that you don’t need even 5000 people on your list, to bring a decent income into your business.

Ok, let’s get to the 2nd LATERS strategy.

The second is having a NEWSLETTER or EZINE to send to your community.

Don’t be like me when I poo-pooed the validity of a newsletter, thinking it was old hat, and a dinosaur in the marketing world.   I quickly learned (ok maybe not as quickly as I would have liked), that your newsletter is one of the best ways to keep in touch with your inner community.   And yes its one of the oldest forms of marketing, but it is also one of the most effective too!

long term marketing strategy

Your online newsletter or ezine – allow your community to get an insight into who you are on a human level, receive value through you from your articles on subjects they are interested in, AND to make offers depending what you or your colleagues are offering at the time.  It’s a fabulous blend of connecting, sharing AND selling. Yes I said it! J    Most of your ezine is about value and connection – about 70-80%, and then the other 20% is sharing about various offers and opportunities.

Please, please start a newsletter if you haven’t already – and incorporate what I’ve just shared.  You will not be sorry!

As I shared earlier, there are many strategies that come under the list-building strategy.  Some are perfect for you and your clients and others are not.  You want to figure out what the strategies are that work!  AND you also want to make sure you’re doing the right ones effectively and avoid a scatter-gun approach, which will wear you out, before you can possibly even wear out your community!  The reality is that ‘less is more’, when it comes to doing things in a considered way.

If you are in a quandary about this, still trying to figure out the best way to build your email list and reach your clients, or feel like you’re doing a whole lot and not getting much reward – then consider booking a Business Breakthrough Strategy Session with me.   We’ll figure out what’s going on together, and create a plan to help you move forward.  This is complimentary.   Have at it! 😉

And if you’d like to share this article with your community.  Please ensure the following is included at the bottom of the article:  Louise Crooks -the author of this article, is a visibility strategist and business coach for health coaches and healing professionals who want to make a difference and have a prosperous life and business at the same time! She helps these soul-opreneurs build the foundational cornerstones in their business, so they can find and reach their clients.  To learn more about Louise and what she does go to

Share This Post: